What is Occupational Therapy?
Occupational Therapy is the field of addressing challenges in sensory motor, academic, and socio-emotional development that impact social and academic activities in day-to-day life. While Occupational Therapy is used to help adults with their daily functions, our focus is on helping children build the tools necessary for a successful life. The services that we provide in occupational therapy help to treat a variety of common diagnoses in a stress-free environment including Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Attention Deficit Disorder, Developmental Coordination Disorder, Down’s Syndrome, and many others that can impede proper development.
The treatment modality used varies depending on the therapist, diagnoses and patient. However, whatever the issue, EZ Therapy always uses an individualized treatment plan to meet each child’s needs. Our goal is to facilitate meaningful progress in the targeted activities and allow the child to be able to accomplish them unaided in the future.
Benefits of Occupational Therapy
Some of the more common benefits of occupational therapy include:
- Better regulation of emotional response to daily challenges
- Healthy boost in self-esteem due to performing on same level as peers academically
- Developed sensory motor skills including better writing
- Improved participation in family activities
- Improved discipline and adherence to daily chores and routine